PCB Police has another crime-fighting tool
Panama City Beach (PCB) Police Department today announced that they have a new crime-fighting tool through joining the Neighbors app (iOS/Android). Launched by Ring, the home security company which manufactures the popular Video Doorbell, the Neighbors network already has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
“Ring devices have already helped us to solve several crimes in Panama City Beach neighborhoods including a porch theft, a burglary and tracking down a stolen bicycle,” said PCB Police Chief Drew Whitman. “This new partnership allows the PCB Police Department to communicate with Neighbors users with or without a Ring device and creates an even more effective crime-solving tool.”
Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring, said: “We’re excited to have the Panama City Beach Police Department join Neighbors to keep their community up-to-date on local crime and safety information. When neighbors, the Ring team and local leaders all work together, we can create safer communities and reduce crime in neighborhoods. Neighbors is meant to facilitate real-time communication between these groups, while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost. By bringing security to every neighbor with the free Neighbors app, the Panama City Beach community can stay on top of crime and safety alerts as they happen.”
How It Works
- Download the Neighbors app on iOS/Android.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
Neighbors is a neighborhood watch app that provides real-time, local crime and safety information. Download the free Neighbors app on iOS/Android, join your neighborhood, and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team. Download Neighbors from the App Store or Google Play Store today to join your digital neighborhood watch. For more information visit www.ring.com/neighbors.