COVID checklist used by police, fire and code enforcement
Post Date:07/27/2020 4:00 PM
The City will begin enforcing emergency ordinance 1536-E today. Here are the rules:
COVID Checklist for law enforcement, fire and code
- Unless exempted, ALL business employees and customers must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose while inside. This includes retail, restaurants, bars, indoor amusements, offices, and lobbies and elevators at condos and hotels.(Exemptions listed below.)
- Customers waiting in line to enter a business must wear a mask and/or maintain 6-foot social distancing.
- Certain businesses are limited to 50% capacity. — This only includes retail, restaurants, bars and indoor amusements.
- While in a public place, maintain a social distance of 6 feet from everyone.·
- Groups should be limited to no more than 50.
Exemptions to face mask requirement: The facemask requirement does not apply to:
- People working outdoors.
- Children 6 or under.
- An individual with a disability who has requested and been given an
- A person communicating with a hearing-impaired person. An individual receiving a service for which removal of a face covering is necessary.
- Public Safety, police, fire and healthcare personnel while working.
- Persons exercising in a gym SO LONG AS observing 6 feet social distance from others.
- Persons seated at a table in a restaurant.Persons in areas of businesses not open to the public. EXCEPT — food and beverage service persons must wear a face covering.
- Persons inside their hotel room/vacation rental.
- Children at daycare or camp.
- Employees protected by a plexiglass barrier, while 6-foot distant from other employees.