The Lee Boys to perform at this week's Summer Concert Series
The Summer Concert Series continues with a performance by The Lee Boys on Thursday, June 20 at Aaron Bessant Park. The concert is free. Bring your own food and beverages or buy them from local vendors. The event is from 7-9 p.m.
This Miami-based sacred steel ensemble consists of three brothers, Alvin, Derrick and Keith Lee along with their three nephews. Each member began making music at the age of 7 and 8 in the House of God church they attended in Perrine, Fla. Sacred steel is an inspired, unique form of gospel music with a hard-driving blues-based beat. The musical genre is rooted in gospel, but infused with rhythm and blues, jazz, rock, funk, hip-hop, country and other international sounds. The Lee Boys released a live album with the multi-Grammy nominated label M.C. Records in the spring of this year.
Click here for a listen.
Here's the schedule for the rest of the summer:
- June 27: SOUND ARCADE, 80’s & 90’s, Panama City Beach
- July 4: MY FEVER/SAFE TO SAY, Alternative Rock
- July 11: LOUD PLANET, Rock & Roll Extravaganza, Panama City
- July 18: MUSTACHE THE BAND, 90’s Country, Oxford, Miss.
- July 25: HANDMADE MOMENTS, Silky Alternative, Fayetteville, Ark./Nevada City, Calif.
- August 1: ZENITH SUNN, Rhythm & Blues, Eric Lindell (California and New Orleans) and Anson Funderburgh (Texas)
- August 8: RUBY VELLE AND THE SOULPHONICS, Retro Soul, Atlanta
- August 15: THE JUDGE TALFORD BAND, Bluegrass, Alabama
- August 22: RONNIE WOLF & THE PACK, Country, Panama City
Many thanks to our sponsors, including The St. Joe Company, Texas Roadhouse, PCB Entertainment, Beach Radio 95.1, Bay Landscape, Frimet to Z, SpringHill Suites, Pier Park and Simon Inc., and the Panama City Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Public Information Officer Debbie Ward can be reached at email@example.com or (850) 233-5100.