Spring Vacation Season is upon us
Our days are beginning to warm up as schools across the country have their annual Spring Break week coming up in March. Many of those students and their families flock to the beaches as a respite from colder weather. During the month of March only, Panama City Beach has several ordinances that are in affect to protect all our residents and visitors. These ordinances apply within the city limits. The Spring Break rules are:
1. No possession or consumption of alcohol on the sandy beach.
2. No possession or consumption of alcohol in commercial parking lots.
3. All alcohol sales end at 2 a.m.
4. No open house parties allowed.
5. No parking is allowed in closed businesses’ parking lots unless parking lot is being managed.
6. Overnight scooter rental is not permitted.
7. It is illegal to climb, jump from or throw things from balconies. (This is never a good idea.)
8. No metal shovels are allowed on the beach and no holes may be dug deeper than two feet.
While at the beach, we encourage you to consume lots of water and pay attention to the beach flag warnings. Do not go into the water on a double red flag due to strong rip currents. If you need assistance, please contact the Panama City Beach Police at (850) 233-5000.
Public Information Officer Debbie Ward can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 233-5100, Ext. 2261.